Extra curricular activities play an important role in growth and development of children. Hidden talent in children are in world in extra curricular activities.
Benefits of Extra Curricular Activities :
- Make new friend
- Increase Self Confidence
- Teamwork and respect
- Time management
- Outlet of creativity
Some of the Extra Curricular Activities
There are several benefits of playing sports for kids such as
- Developing self-esteem
- Social skills
- Accept defeat at times
- Maintain Discipline
- Having a healthier life gaining more academic integrity
Dance & Music
Dance & Music is a perfect outlet for kids who aren't quite coordinated yet, don't quite have all the verbal skills they need to communicate with others, and have seemingly boundless energy. It's tough to find sports that will accept children that are not yet in school, but dance is one activity that caters to this age group. Young kids benefit from dancing in several ways:
- Improved coordination and motor skills.
- Improved listening skills.
- Social outlets and opportunities.
- Focused exercise.
- Pure joy that comes with listening and moving to music.
The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the "color" of a musical sound).
Fitness workout - Yoga / Zumba
Yoga for kids
- Kids learn how to exercise, develop confidence and concentrate better.
- It enhances physical flexibility and promotes physical strength
Zumba for kids
- Giving children an outlet to jump, dance shake and swing their hips.
- Helps the kids to be fit in a fun way by playing fast music.
Art and Craft
We understand these activities are important to our kids development, but think we'd be hard pressed to describe why. These are some benefits
- It proves coordination
- It improves fine motor skills (ie more than small movements. Ex picking up tiny object hold a fork or spoon.
- It help to improve visual processing abilities
- Promote executive functioning
- Teach them to express themselves